District Transportation Policies
The following policies provide important information relating to our Transportation Department. Please call our office with any questions on this information, or any other inquiries regarding transportation.
Behavior of Pupils Using School Buses
In the use of our buses, it is expected that the following rules will be observed:
- All students will conduct themselves in an orderly fashion at all times.
- Students must wait in an orderly line off the highway, and not damage or destroy private property.
- Students must be on time for the bus.
- Students must take a seat in the bus and remain seated until ready to exit. After the bus is unloaded, they should wait for a signal from the bus driver to cross in front of the bus. They must be sure to be visible to the driver.
- Students must obey the driver's suggestions promptly and courteously. The driver is in full charge of the bus and students.
- Loud, profane or obscene language will not be permitted.
- Students must keep heads, arms, and hands inside the bus at all times and not drop or throw anything from a bus.
- It is expected that students help keep the school bus clean and sanitary. No eating or drinking permitted.
- Vandalism will not be tolerated. Students will be expected to reimburse the district for damages.
- Students must keep hands off emergency doors, roof hatches, and bus equipment.
- Smoking is prohibited on school buses.
- First Offense: Verbal warning
- Second Offense: Assigned seat
- Third Offense: First written report. The driver will submit disciplinary report to the school. The principal or designee will make a decision as to consequence.
- Fourth Offense: Second written report. Disciplinary action determined by the principal including warning to parent.
- Fifth Offense: Third written report. Suspension of bus privileges for an appropriate number of days.
Continual misbehavior may result in the suspension of bus privileges for an indefinite period.
Special Note: If a student seriously threatens the safety of the bus, he/she may receive the severest consequence immediately.